The Executive Programme
What is the Executive Programme?
It’s an intensive, immersion programme for pastors and leaders wanting an in-depth experience of an intentional disciple-making church (IDMC) environment. Designed to give participants maximum exposure to the pastors, staff and ministries of Covenant EFC, the learning takes place through personal reflection, dialogue and full immersion into an IDMC culture.
Who is behind this?
Covenant EFCCovenant Evangelical Free Church (CEFC) is called to be an Intentional Disciple-Making Church (IDMC). Our vision is not just to build a strong disciplemaking church within, but to spearhead and catalyse a movement of IDMCs across the world.
IDMC InstituteIDMC Institute, the sponsor of the Executive Programme, is a vehicle within Covenant EFC’s vision that seeks to develop authentic disciples of spiritual depth ready for effective intentional disciple-making ministry. In short, we aim to reproduce disciple-mentors of a certain kind.
Who is it for?
- Pastors and Leaders from our Overseas Partners
- Senior Pastors of churches in Singapore and Overseas
- IDMC Global Alliance leaders and contacts
- Pastors on sabbatical
- Ministry staff in positions of leadership
- Leaders of Christian Ministries and Mission Agencies
What are the 2 programs offered?
Breakthrough Programme – 2 Weeks
Focus: DISCIPLE IN COMMUNITY
This two-week programme focuses on the inner life of the disciple in community and rides on the powerful transformational platform of the Breakthrough Weekend (BTW).
- Why IDMC? What is an IDMC?
- CEFC Overview: History and Mission
- Cultivating Your Inner Life
- Nourishing Your Soul: a day of quiet prayer
“Day with Jesus”
- Train me: Relationship with God, Self and Others
- Participation in Leaders’ Advance for Breakthrough Weekend (BTW)
- Experiencing a BTW
- Staff Devotion and Dialogues with Staff
- Ministry Visits: Sunday Services, prayer meetings, Home Mission Fellowships (non-indigenous), Covenant groups, TNG (Youth) Meetings
Immersion Programme – 4 Weeks
Focus: LEADING AN IDMC
This four-week programme equips participants with biblical principles, best practices and foundational tools to lead an IDMC, climaxing with the signature IDMC Conference of Covenant EFC.
- CEFC as an IDMC: Vision, Values and Vehicles
- Seminars on IDMC framework: See the Critical Need; Understand the Biblical Strategy; Determine the End Product; Accomplish the Mission
- Mentoring for Roots and Wings: 8-Core Curriculum
- Nourishing Your Soul: days for quiet reflection and prayer
- Leadership Dialogues: Family Life; The Next Generation (TNG); Transformational platforms (BTW); Small-group Infrastructure (SGI); Men and Women Ministries; Counseling and Care; Prayer, Worship and Outreach; and Covenant Missions
- Deliberations on mentoring, leadership and creating a discipleship culture
- Participate in weekly Staff Devotion, QC and Prayer meetings
- Sample Intentional Discipleship Training (IDT) and IDMC Institute modules
- Ministry Visits and Dialogues: Sunday Services, Fellowships, Covenant groups, Youth (TNG)
- Participation in IDMC Conference and Anniversary Service
“Authentic sharing from the leaders in Covenant” Karen Monroy, Children’s Ministry Director, GCF South Metro, Philippines
“The Lord did a renovation of my heart”
“People here live out what it means to have nothing to prove,
nothing to hide and nothing to lose. That really gripped me.” Pastor Mike Duco, GCF South Metro, Philippines
“God spoke to me about freefalling into his care” Pastor Alvin Lim, Grace Gospel Church, Philippines
“People from different countries, who really hunger and thirst to learn about discipleship, bringing back something to implement in their church. Inspiring!” Johan Setiawan, Indonesia
I’m interested! What's next?
- Download the Executive Programme registration form here.
- Once you’re accepted, begin making the necessary arrangements to join us!
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Executive Programme?
The Breakthrough & Immersion Programmes are run once a year respectively. The Breakthrough Programme typically runs in the first half of the year (between March and June) and The Immersion Programme runs in the second half of the year (typically early September).
Is there a course fee?
The Executive Programme is part of our larger vision to be a blessing to the body of Christ. Therefore, there is no course fee. However, there are traveling, living and conference costs that need to be considered. They vary depending on choice of Programme.
|Item||Rough Estimate (in SGD)|
|Airfare + Visa||Varies from country to country.
*Ensure your visa includes Malaysia if you are attending the Breakthrough Programme
|Accommodation||Rates vary depending on place.
Lowest recommended: $20 per pax per night at Salvation Army, Upper Bukit Timah.
(6-bedded dorm with common bathroom)
Highest recommended: $130++ per pax per night at V Hotel, Lavendar.
(single room, attached bath)
|Food||About $25 per day|
|Transport around Singapore||About $3-5 per day (by bus/mrt)|
|Breakthrough Weekend Fees + Transport
* For delegates attending the Breakthrough Programme
|$400 + $35
Fee includes transport (two-way), accommodation, food and materials for the duration of Breakthrough Weekend.
|IDMC Conference Fees
* For delegates attending the Immersion Programme
|$280 (includes GST)
Fee DOES NOT include transport, accommodation or meals for the duration of the conference.
Can I attend only part of the Executive Programme?
The sessions covered in the Executive Programme tend to build upon each other and work towards providing a holistic picture of an IDMC. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that delegates attend from start to end.
What does a typical week in the Executive Programme look like?
A typical day starts at 9.30am and ends before 5.00pm.
There is usually ministry exposure on Friday night, selected Saturdays and Sunday mornings.
Typical Week at IDMC Institute’s Executive Programme
|AM||Staff Devotion||Sabbath (Off day)||Class/ Leadership Dialogue||Class/ Leadership Dialogue||Class/ Leadership Dialogue||Board Prayer meet/ Ministry Exposure||Ministry Exposure & Sunday Service|
|PM||Class/ Leadership Dialogue||Class/ Leadership Dialogue||Class/ Leadership Dialogue||Class/ Leadership Dialogue|
|Night||Ministry Exposure||Cell group Visitation||Ministry Exposure|
Where will the Executive Programme be held?
It will be held at Covenant EFC’s ACKCentre.
Address: 2 Kallang Avenue, #10-26, CT HUB, Singapore 339407.
Closest MRT station: Lavendar MRT (10 mins walk to CT Hub)
Where are Breakthrough Weekends held?
Where will the IDMC Conference be?
Address: Singapore Expo, Hall 1, 1 Expo Drive, Singapore 486150.
Closest MRT station: Expo MRT (10-15 mins walk to Hall 1)
The conference fee DOES NOT include transport, accommodation or meals for the duration of the conference.
Recommended places to stay
We recommend that you look for places to stay around Lavendar MRT station or the Kallang area. This is to minimize daily travel time and cost to and from ACKCentre as most sessions will be held there.
For a list of recommended places to stay, refer below.
Salvation Army (http://www.salvationarmy.org/singapore/praisehaven )
- 6-bedded (per bed with shared bathroom, per night) about S$20
- Studio apartment w 2 bedrooms for 3 – 4 people (per night, per person) about S$45
- Twins sharing (per night, per person) about S$45
- From about S$35-S$95 per night, per person
V Hotel (http://www.vhotel.sg/ )
- Single S$130 ++ onwards
- Twin S$140 ++ onwards
- Queen S$150 ++ onwards
Acadia Hotel (http://www.booking.com/hotel/sg/arcadia.en-gb.html )
- Single – S$108++ onwards
- Queen – S$132++ onwards
Aqueen Hotel Lavender (http://aqueenhotels.com/ )
- Standard single per night – from about S$81 ++ (subject to hotel promotion)
- Twin room per night – from about S$90 ++ (subject to hotel promotion)
- Queen room per night – from about S$90 ++ (subject to hotel promotion)
* Please note that prices above are subject to change. Please contact hotels directly for latest prices and to make bookings.
Visas & Travel insurance
Please note that these are to be arranged and purchased on your own before coming to Singapore.